Tile Roof Repair
Its great to own your own home, but when you own a property you have to perform the dreade word – maintenance. But, home or property maintenance doesn’t have to be a burdensome task if you set some time aside every year to prevent future problems. This means you'll need to give equal importance to both the interior of your property and the exterior. Take your roof as an example. Roofs get more abuse from weather and the elements than any other part of your property. Preventative maintenance is a major factor to your roof providing the longest service life possible.
Whether it’s a commercial or residential roof, all roofing systems need some scheduled maintenance during the year. Concrete or clay tile roofs, under normal situations, don't require much upkeep. Twice-yearly inspections should take place to findand fix issues as they occur. The best time to perform these inspections would be in the spring, before the monsoon storm season begins, and in the fall, after its over.
Tile Roof Repair Contractors
When having your roof and the immediate areas inspected, be sure to:
- Check any downspout exits to make sure they haven’t been crushed or crumpled, which could restrict proper drainage.
- Inspect and clear any and all debris from your rooftop gutters and header boxes.
- Remove leaves and debris from trees or vegetation from the rooftop. Don'tt try to remove the debris with a hose because that could cause any downspouts you have to become clogged.
- Take note if any areas of the roof appears unusually sunken or if water is ponding anywhere.
- Clean before visually inspecting the roof for signs of weathering.
- Check your landscaping surrounding the property for tall trees that have dead or briken branches. Trim trees and bushes away from your property to minimize the chance of vegetation falling and gathering on your roof.
- Inside, check interior walls and ceilings for water damage.
A good tip to having the best kept tile roof in the neighborhood is to have it cleaned and inspected by a licensed and insured tile roof repair contractor while these semi-annual dates are being scheduled. In monsoon seasons, its especially important to check your roof visually after each storm, in case tiles have been misplaced by high winds or flying broken branches.
Tile Roof Repair Companies
A lot of roof damage happens before anyone at ground level notices it. Finding ponding, gaps around penetrations, loose flashings or other roof damage should be promptly reported to a professional, properly licensed, roofing company. If your property has any leaks, it’s critical to get a comprehensive leak inspection completed as quickly as possible. A visible interior leak could mean there’s an outside entryway for water to enter your roof structure, which could cause significant and more expensive damage.
Here are a few tips for hiring a professional roofing contractor:
- Make sure the roofing contractor is licensed and insured.
- Request that the prospective contractor provide copies of their manufacturer certifications and warranties for their proposed system.
- Ensure you have the necessary building permits.
- Keep a file of all records and inspection reports that are related to your roof.
- Establish a rooftop control policy. Advise equipment service personnel to be careful and observe safety precautions when handling tools and heavy equipment on the roof. Keep a log of all such trips to the roof.
If you see a potential roofing issue on your property, don’t try to fix it yourself. Call a professional roofing contractor, like Mikku and Sons Roofing at (623) 465-1068. Many repairs are quick and inexpensive if caught early, but putting them off could cost you a lot more money in the long run. Your roof is a big investment, make sure it’s leak-free all year long.