How to Hire the Right Roofing Contractor
When it comes time to hire a roofing contractor, it’s not always an easy process. It’s certainly very easy to get on the internet out and look at the various companies who claim all kinds of things, but how do you know the work you get will be quality and guaranteed? As a homeowner, a roofing contractor is one of the most important people you will need. Let’s face it—our roof keeps us dry and warm so we need to take care of it! Your properties continued existence literally depends on your roof's performance. Here are some steps to keep in mind when it’s time to hire a roofer.
• Do it by word of mouth. Don’t just rely on the internet or advertising; ask family and friends and find out about their experiences. If they were satisfied, it’s a pretty sure bet it’s a good company that you can trust to do the job right too.
• Ask Questions. Once you get a good report from your friends who have used the roofing contractor, be sure to ask questions, such as areas of special expertise and if they are licensed and insured. You should also check with the Better Business Bureau and look online for reviews. Ask them for some recent referrals of jobs they've completed and call up their past customers.
• Get at least two or three estimates and ask them to come to your house so you can discuss the work you need done, as well as what it will entail and how much it will cost. Ask about the time needed to complete the job, as well. Don't be afraid to ask some difficult questions and if they dodge or won't answer them, move on to someone else.
• Get a Contract. After you’ve decided on the company or roofing contractor you would like to hire, draw up a contract! It’s VERY important to have it all in writing and make sure you both sign it and agree to the terms. The contract should include all the details about the job, materials, cost and time. Give the contractor a chance to review the contract and adjust it if necessary. The bottom line here is that you are both on the same page about the task at hand.
• A Few More Considerations. A few extra points to consider asking about are clean-up procedures, how compensation is to be handled, liability, and safety concerns. Finally, you should also see to it that a lien waiver is established if there’s a third party involved so if the roofing contractor has failed to pay a vendor, you will not be responsible.
Roof Repair Contractors
Hiring a roofer doesn’t have to be a daunting task. Following these simple steps should ensure that you have a positive result. You roof is one of the most important parts of your property, so take care of it and keep it maintained. Remember, if your roof is damaged by weather or other disasters, a good roofing contractor will handle your insurance claims for you!
Roof Installation Contractors
When you have questions about roof repair and need some straight answers from a trusted, licensed, professional roofing contractor, call us at Mikku and Sons Roofing. We have decades of combined experience in all types of roofing – shingle, tile, flat, foam, metal, you name it – residential or commercial. Give us a call at (623) 465-1068 for your free estimate today.
Like most other homeowners, you may not worry much about roofing. However, you need to know that your roof is there to protect you and your home as well. This article is not going to teach you all that there is to know about repairing a roof through a reliable roofing contractor, but its a start.
If you can afford to, you should always hire a professional roofing contractor, but if you have to work on the roof yourself, make sure that the weather conditions are clear for your own safety. A wet roof can be slippery. Your roof will also need an ample amount of time to dry. A rain shower the following morning can end up setting you back. Hose off the shingles, so you can have a clean workplace without a mess of leaves or other debris. You can also use the hose to find a leak in your roof. One of the best ways to find a source of a roof leak is to use water itself. It can be tricky to see where a leak is coming from in the middle of a storm, but a garden hose will allow you to test your roof until the leak has been found. Your best bet, however, is to always hire a professional roofing contractor to inspect and repair your roof.
Do not choose the first roofing contractor you find in the phone book or online. By choosing the first roofing contractor you read about, you may end up spending more money than you need to. Call numerous roofing contractors and go with the most reliable one at the best price you can find. Its not easy to choose a roofing contractor, but asking for a list of references can be a huge help. Any roofing contractor which refuses to provide such a list is not one which you want to hire. Dont just ask for the list, though, be sure to call a few people on it to double check their experiences.
When inspecting your roof for leaks, it is important that you inspect the whole roof, not just one section. If you find a troublesome area of your roof, you should still check all areas, as there could be more problems elsewhere. It will be cheaper for you to have all fixes done at the same time, when you hire your roofing contractor, rather than waiting.
Roof Repair Contractors
If you have a general handyman that does work in and around your home, do not allow him to do anything to your roof. Fixing a roof requires a high level of experience and know-how. This is why you would be better off hiring a roofing contractor that specializes in this type of work.
The age of your roof is a good indication of whether it needs replacing or not. Most roofs have a lifespan of fifteen to twenty years before replacement is needed. If you have a roof that was put on top of another roof, if 20 years have gone by, you likely must replace it.
Take the roofing contractor's credentials into consideration during the hiring process. Although credentials do not give you a guarantee that you will get quality work, they do show you how involved the person is with your local community. It also says a little something about their character as well, which is valuable information.
Roof Repair Companies
Any roofing contractor you hire needs to have proper licensing and insurance. If they dont have this available, then its best not even to consider hiring this particular roofing contractor. If your roofing contractor does not have insurance and causes a large amount of damage, then you will be the one to pay. As was mentioned in the beginning of this article, most homeowners dont really know too much or concern themselves with roofing. However, it is an important topic since you will want to protect your family and the items that are contained in your home. Knowing this information will help to keep your family and valuables safe.
If you need a reliable, professional roofing contractor you can trust, call us at 623-465-1068 for more information.