An efficient and innovative new way to cover most types of flat buildings is a foam roof. Here are some of the benefits:
- It can be applied to just about any type of roof.
- It’s completely seamless, so less chance of leaking.
- It’s easy to repair and usually costs much less to do so than other types of roof.
Based on a study completed at Texas A&M University in 1985, it was found that a foam roof can pay for itself in about 5 years through lower air conditioning bills.
What Makes a Foam Roof?
Foam roofs are made up of 4 basic components:
- Elastomeric coating – A strong, water-resistant membrane designed to effectively guard against sun, wind, and rain for years.
- Polyurethane foam – A closed-cell high-density type of insulation.
- Adhesion – A seamless layer of foam is applied to the surface, which covers the entire area.
- Bonding – The coating forms an adhesive bond with the foam, resulting in a strong barrier against moisture
When you have any questions, or need repairs and/or application of foam roofing, contact us at Mikku and Sons Roofing. We’re experts at foam and flat roofs and can do any type of Phoenix foam roof repair.