The commercial roof over your head is one of the most valuable parts of a business. With that in mind, it’s important for you to ensure that whoever you hire to repair or replace your roof is both knowledgeable and responsible – and knowing what the right questions to ask your commercial roofer is a great step to determining who to use.
Getting a routine roof inspection should be part of your annual plan in order to catch any issues long before they become big and expensive fixes. As the first line of defense against the elements and other daily exposures, your roof will thank you later for keeping it in top shape. Here are some questions to ask your commercial roofer.
Before The Inspection
- What will you be looking for during the inspection? Ideally, your roofer will be finding any sources of damage or deterioration.
- What happens if you find any alarming damages? Your roofer should be able to identify and explain immediate repairs and know what issues should be monitored further.
- Are you insured? Any reputable roofing company will be properly insured, licensed, and bonded.
- Do you use subcontractors for the work? If the answer is yes, make sure to find out if the subcontractors are also insured.
- How many years have you been in business? Finding a well-established commercial roofing company should be your priority.
- Will someone need to be present for the inspection? It may not always be necessary to be present during the inspection, so be sure to ask in advance where you should be.
During The Inspection
After The Inspection
- How long will the scheduling for repairs take? Serious issues should be taken care of immediately, and a good contractor should be able to give a reliable time estimate for repairs.
- How much should the repairs cost me? The inspection should give your contractor plenty of details for a repair estimate.
- How long do repairs take from start to finish? Having an end date will help you to lower any disruption around your business.
Although there are many questions to ask, these should start you along the right path when selecting a commercial roofing contractor. Mikku & Sons Roofing has 20 years of experience and can help with your commercial roof today. Don’t wait on repairs – be sure to protect your investment and the future of your business! Call us today to set up an inspection at (623) 465-1068.